Céline Semaan and Slow Factory
Céline is a Lebanese-Canadian multidisciplinary artist and designer whose practice is primarily focused on fashion, activism and sustainability. She is the founder of Slow Factory and The Library Sustainable Fashion Archive. She is on the Board of Directors of AIGA NY and is an MIT Media Lab Director’s Fellow.
You know her from:
- This New York Times profile.
- The inclusion of a Slow Factory NASA Hubble silk scarf in the MoMA Is Fashion Modern? exhibition catalogue (p. 216).
- Her insightful columns in The Cut.
- Exhibition alongside fashion’s most revered in the New Orleans Museum of Art show A Queen Within: Adorned Archetypes.
- The Slow Factory Instagram, a beautiful resource for fashion and design activism.