Duke is a Brooklyn-based artist who is fascinated by maritime history and events, particularly around the waterways of New York City. His signature style interweaves historical and contemporary events with elements of fiction and myth to create allegorical histories. He received in BFA from RISD, and his MFA in Sculpture from Pratt.
You know him from:
- Fly By Night, the stunning public art commission by Creative Time.
- That time NYPD Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly called out Duke for “marine mischief”.
- The Queens Museum performance involving a Roman-style naval battle.
- His tattoo shop East River Tattoo.
- All the fun he’s having via his Instagram.