James Clar is an American artist of Filipino descent, now based in New York City. He studied Film and Animation at New York University and received his Masters at NYU’s Interactive Telecommunications Program. His work explores the conceptual and narrative potential of light and technology. He was previously based in Dubai, and is currently a BSMT Resident at Mana Contemporary in Jersey City.
You know him from:
- Gallery representation with Jane Lombard in New York and Galeria Senda in Barcelona.
- This sweet profile on Vice.
- The large-scale site-specific commission on view at 21c Oklahoma City.
- His eye-catching Instagram.
- The solo exhibitions at Carbon 12 in Dubai and Carroll / Fletcher in London..