Jeanette Andrews specializes in creating performative, art-based interactive sensory magic, possessing a contemplative take on the art of the impossible, and is hailed as one of the most innovative illusionists in the world today. Performing her first magic show for her preschool class, and presenting her first paid show at age six, magic has been Ms. Andrews' sole vocation. With her studio based in Chicago, Ms. Andrews has staged hundreds of sold-out and standing-room-only performances at museums, theaters and universities across the United States. These include commissioned and site-specific work for the International Museum of Surgical Science, Birmingham Museum of Art, Chicago Ideas Week, and the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago. She is the only magician worldwide known to be awarded an artist’s residency, including being a High Concept Labs Sponsored Artist and artist in residence for The Institute for Art and Olfaction.
You know her from:
- This PBS / WTTW feature on her work.
- That time Newcity Chicago magazine included her in its “Best of Chicago” issue.
- Her 2017 site-specific work for MCA Chicago’s 50th anniversary.
- Being an artist in residence at the Institute for Art and Olfaction in LA.
- The magic of her Instagram.
Tickets to her first New York City public performance on March 22nd at Liberty Hall, Ace Hotel will be available on March 4. More information here.