Tommy is an American artist who employs photography, sculpture, and video in his vast body of work. He was included in the 2017 Whitney Biennial, the 2010 Greater New York exhibition at P.S.1 MoMA, and is included in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art, the Whitney Museum, the Hammer Museum, among many others. He was the recipient of the Louis Comfort Tiffany Foundation Biennial Award (2015), and the Painters and Sculptors Grant from the Joan Mitchell Foundation (2011).
You know him from:
- These insightful Art21 features.
- The solo exhibition at C24 Gallery.
- This New York Times review of The Bible, later acquired by The Whitney Museum.
- The MoMA purchase of his 2009 film, The Ascent of Man.
- His captivating video work, like this one.